Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I hope you all had a lovely holiday season.  Since I work retail my life is consumed by work for the month.  I am very happy to say that I am enjoying some vacation time by hanging out with my family and getting inky.  I have missed my craft stuff very much! Just sitting at my desk I felt relaxed.  I got some new supplies for Christmas and really want to break it in.  Did I use any of it on my first project? Nope! I wanted to work on something Valentine's, but not necessarily in the usual pinks and reds.  I also noticed that the Simon Says Stamp Blog and the Artful Times Blog had a blue challenge this week.  
Here's what I did.  

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge


I stained and inked up the background.  You can't tell but there is a silver shimmer in there that really looks beautiful.  
Next I added the Tim Holtz umbrella man.  I don't know what my deal is, but I can never get a really good clear image with this guy.  I ended up coloring him in with my black distress marker.  
I punched some hearts out with my daughter's heart punch. :) Hey, she uses my stuff.  I admit I use my 4 year olds craft supplies at times.  
Glued the hearts on using Zip Dry.  That glue rocks.  I love it.  Enamel tag with some rub ons.

Sentiment was stamped and cut out.  I used Pumice Stone distress ink to color them.  Then outlined them with the black distress marker.  
No crazy techniques.  It only took a half hour to make from start to finish.  I think it was a great way to get back into the game.  
I will be back later this week with more fun projects! 
Jess







4 comments:

  1. What a great tag! Love the inkiness you've created! The hearts are a perfect touch. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tag. Can't believe you made it so quickly cause it looks just right. Thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you spent ages on it not just half an hour! Its a fabulous Valentines tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know sometimes things just work right and boom. It's magic. :) thank you ladies for all of the kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.