Monday, July 21, 2014

Pretty Banners for your craft room

Last night I went to Michael's.  I had a gift certificate that was starting to burn a hole in my pocket.  I didn't have anything in mind to buy and I stumbled upon tiny wooden banner pieces.  Best part was they were only 29 cents each!  I bought a bunch and came home to see what I could come up with.  A while back I made a big banner for my daughter's room.
I love the way it came out.  It's so feminine and pretty. I honestly have no idea where I bought these banner pieces.  They were in my stash from the scrapbook convention.  The chipboard letters are from Hobby Lobby.  The glitter is Martha Stewart.  The flowers on the "A" and the "T" are Prima.  The flower on the "K" I made with old crepe paper. 




The little bird is Melissa Frances.  I colored the beak and highlighted the wings with Distress Markers.  The pearl embellishments are from Want 2 Scrap.

The new banner is tiny compared to this one, but it took me longer to make.  Sometimes I think working on a large surfaces makes me work faster.  The smaller surfaces take so much longer to find the right size embellishments.
My walls are a warm tan color so it is hard to get a photo that doesn't look gold.  I love this.  I think the black paper really makes the glittered letters pop.  I started by coloring the back and edges of the triangles with Shaded Lilac distress ink.  The chipboard letters are from recollections.  They were already glittered blue, but I didn't want to use blue for this project.  I used a mixture of Martha's Purple Spinel and Purple Sapphire.  
Of course I took close ups of each letter too.
These purple flowers have been rolling around in my flower box forever.  The middle one was the perfect size.  The two on the end were cut way down and smooshed to make the perfect bud. 
The bling is from Want 2 Scrap.  The black paper is from Pink Paislee. The brad I used on here is part of the coordinating collection.  
Yay! Tiny pompoms make me happy.  The rest of the embellishments on here are all brads that I trimmed the prongs off and glued down. 
This bling is from Prima. 
More coordinating bits on the side.  Buttons from the stash.  Vintage back and white trim on the top.  
Vintage millinery flowers flank a large silver Prima flower.  A little more bling from Want 2 Scrap.  
Here is where I create.  Messy, but I love it.   
What have you been crafting? 
Jess





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.