So I made art recipes! I took some quotes that inspire me and went to town.
I had this awesome, crusty, cracked spindle that I knew would work as a base. I used a Tim Holtz memo pin and glued it into the top of the spindle.
To make my recipe cards I used an index card for my base and covered them with various papers.
I pretty much threw everything I could at this card. The base is Saffron Honey Cardstock. The edges are distressed and inked. The right side has a smudge of embossing powder. It's a mixture of black and brown distress powders. The pen nib has alcohol ink on it to look like it's been used. A small portion of a card catalog card is on the very bottom. The tag was stamped with black Archival ink and then sprayed, inked, crumpled, and finally glued to the base.
This is the back of the first card. A completely different color scheme. I used reverse side of the Wedding Cutout cardstock as the base. I used my Tim Holtz stencil and modeling paste for the bubbles. Once the paste was dry I smudge on distress paints in many colors. I took the lid off and made some circles right on the paper.
I took the paintbrush out of my brush bucket. I terrible about cleaning my brushes. Terrible. I have learned my lesson and just buy cheap ones! I did smudge some extra paint on it to match the card.
The quote is a sticker that I put an industrious sticker and some straw behind it.
I stamped this image on watercolor paper and colored it using my kiddie set of watercolors. The edges are inked with Broken China distress ink. The background here is Tulip Wheels. I painted a light layer of gesso on top to mute the color and spritzed it with Black Dylusions.
This is the Wedding Swirl Glitter cardstock that has been sprayed with Dyslusions. The glitter resists the spray. I love how you can take a very dainty cardstock and completely change it with sprays. This Wendy Vecchi stamp is so pretty. I love the little fourish on the bottom. The pattern mimics the pattern on the paper.
My final card has a piece of dictionary paper as the base. I used a stencil and distress stains to create the pattern on top. The wings are a stamp from Finnabair. I painted them with my distress stains. I can't resist tiny fairies with giant pointy hats! He is mounted on a journaling ticket that has distressed edges. The bow is made out of seam binding. A tiny bit of washi tape finishes this one up.
Don't forget to stop at the Robin's Nest blog to see the other hop projects. Leave a comment and I get to pick someone to get a prize too!