Hi Everyone, I created this card last year for Unruly Paperarts when I was on the design team before they ceased to exist. You can still find a pretty active Unruly Community on Facebook. This was one of my favorite projects I created for them!
I started by painting my cabinet card.
I used distress paint and just painted it on randomly.
Once it was dry I gave it a coat of black paint and sanded it to expose the color underneath. On the edges I used some distress ink to give it the color you see in the finished project.
I added in my background papers. Now to move onto my focal point.
This serious dude was fussy cut and then given a slight makeover.
Now he looks just awesome. When I stuck this head on here I just cracked up laughing.
I added him to the cabinet card using foam tape. The monocle and boutonniere give him that little extra something.
I finished the card out by randomly adding rub ons. I like when the rub ons are fragmented. It adds to the Halloween vibe. There's more Halloween paper ephemera, an old wooden bingo marker, and some metal bits to finish it out.
I hope this kitty made you laugh as hard as I did when I finished him!
Thanks for stopping by today,