Monday, February 20, 2017

Salvaged Heart Reliquary

Hi Everyone,
I have been a very bad design team girl.
You know when you get in the creative zone and you just go.  That's what happened here.  I got an idea and I ran with it.  Bad part, I forgot to take step by step photos.  Ugh! I am so bad about that.  I will tell you about all of the amazing goodies I used to create it!

The Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts- Reliquary Arch Top is the base of this project.
I painted the arch using Ten Second Studios Patina Paint on the back plate. A little bit of Dina Wakley's Umber paint surrounds the heart. 
The top was painted with junky craft store acrylic paint in turquoise.  I added Perfect Pearls in various spots and then painted the entire top with Tattered Angels Stained Glass Paint in Aqua.  The stained glass paint gives it a very subtle shine.  I loaded this thing with layers of paint and patina spray and it never buckled or peeled.  It is such a heavy chipboard. 

The heart and flames are from Sandra Everston's Relics and Artifacts collection.  I covered the heart with Tim Holtz tissue wrap and adhered it using collage medium. I painted the edges using Distress Markers and then added a bit of Stained Glass Paint in Aqua.  The center of the heart is covered with Perfect Pearls.  
The flames are painted with Dina Wakley in Penny, Sterling, and Umber.  A bit of Tattered Angels High Impact Paint in Platinum added the last bit of shine.  
The wire connecting the heart and flames together was painted Umber.  The heart is wrapped with a thin green wire.  
The brads are coated with Charred Gold embossing powder from Emerald Creek.  


Please stop over to the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts  blog to see what we have been up to.
Jess
I am entering this into the CCB February Challenge
Creative Carte Blanche- love is in the air

18 comments:

  1. Love love love!! I just can't stop looking at it! That heart is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing project!! I'm sure glad you shared it <3 Thanks so much for joining in this month's Canvas Corp Brand challenge! We look forward to seeing you again! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess!!! Don't apologize for not taking the step by step photos! I do that too! You get so engrossed in a piece that you just completely forget! This turned our really really cool! I love your wired heart. I also love the teal and charcoal combination. That looks amazing! The arch top really finishes off this piece so beautifully. Thanks for sharing your art with all of us at Creative Carte Blanche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous piece, Jess! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Creative Carte Blanche! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous arch Jess. I love the touches of blue/turquoise it really lifts the design. Love the wire wrapped around your heart too. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing piece of art, Jess!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautifully done, thank you for playing at CCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your heart and color are fabulous!Thanks for joining us from Canvas Corp Brands !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your unique project! Thanks for joining CCB challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project thank for playing along with the Canvas Corp Brands Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, love all the dimension. Thanks for joining us over at Canvas Corp Brand and look forward to seeing you again soon.
    Hugs
    Linda xx
    CCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at Canvas Corp Brand. Aga

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.