Sunday, September 17, 2017

Oh, Canada

Here is my little ode to Canada.  I have only been there once, that's a story to tell over an adult beverage!  I have to say that I have met some truly lovely people through crafting and the Canadians have been some of the best.
This piece is in the current issue of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine.  

 I didn't take step out photos, but I used plain tissue wrap to create my base that covers the canvas board.  I stamped it with the Freshly Picked Rose and Kimilese 3 in archival ink.  I then colored it using various Distress Crayons. I know you can't really see it on here, but I promise they are under there.  
I distressed and layered on some paper.  The dress form is from a Tim Holtz Sizzix diecut and then dry embossed.  I ran my embossing ink over the top and used Charred Gold to pick up the embossing. 
I took a piece of white cardstock and colored it using Magenta's Nuvo Powders and then used the   Kimilese 3 Stamp and Charred Gold for the extra pop.  Each leaf was cut using the Tim Holtz Fall Foliage strip die. The leaves are layered on to make a skirt.  I added Tombow tabs to give some dimension.  
The flower band(contact Emerald Creek to get this) was colored with gold and red alcohol inks.
I colored seam binding using Distress Stains and tinted the vintage flowers the same way.  
A bit of Distress Crayon around the stickers completes the panel.  
Thanks for checking it out,
Jess
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.