Sunday, November 19, 2017

My unsung hero

Hi Everyone, 
I have am up on the Emerald Creek Dare Blog today and our current dare is Unsung Heroes.  My mum is my unsung hero.  She works so hard and always has time for everyone and everything else.  She is the one that instilled the love of creating in me.  I remember being 8 or 9 and doing craft fairs with her selling my little lace and bead ornaments.  She's my biggest cheerleader and supporter, so I wanted to make her a little something. She is a reader and a sewer, so I came up with this oversized bookmark. 
I started with a large heavy weight chipboard tag from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and painted it with a very thin layer of White Acrylic paint.  
The I added my stamps using my Tim Holtz stamping platform. This is the back.
This is the front. The butterfly has a layer of Fractured Ice Embossing powder over the Black Soot Archival ink and the sentiment(from the Fallen Blossom set) has Onyx Frost embossing powder for shimmer.  

Once I layered on all of my stamps I colored the images on the front using Distress Crayons and Dina Wakley scribble sticks.  

I added the button brads and made the thread using Oil Rubbed Bronze powder right over a line drawn with a pen.  
The top of the tag was embellished with seam binding, twine, and the Handmade charm. 

Here you can really see the Fractured Ice over the black.  I added scissors to the body of the butterfly. 

The back was colored using Magenta's Nuance Powders and the entire piece was edged with charred gold.  
Here is the finished piece. 
Who is your unsung hero? Be sure to enter the dare and you can win money to the store!
Jess





Items from Emerald Creek:

5 comments:

  1. Really love that you made this for your Mom! Just gorgeous! Makes me miss my Mom so much cuz she was my biggest cheerleader and supporter too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning tribute to your Mom. Love all the layers of stamping, colours and powders. Beautifully designed. I know I e already said it but.... Love those Falllen Blossom. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Jess! It shows that you were so inspired by your Mom xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and such a wonderful gift for her!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great inspiring tutorial that simply walks one through the design process with ease. The end result is an awesome tag, the scissors are the perfect embellishment ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.