Monday, May 21, 2018

Dream of Faraway Places

Hi everyone,
I am up on the Gypsy Soul Lasercuts blog today.  I don't know if you've noticed, but I really love the house shadowboxes Gina has in the shop.  They come in so many fun sizes.  For today's project I used the Mini House Shadowbox #4.
I started by lining the inside of the house with Tim Holtz Wallpaper and gave it a quick whitewash.  I glued the house together and started working on the exterior.  Using the Brick Wall Small I added grit paste to both sides. 
Once the paste was dry I added color.  
Watered down black soot Distress Paint made the first layer

A thin layer of DecoArt Titan Buff fluid acrylic for the second.

Distress Paint in Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint and a touch of gold finish the brick. 
I covered one of the tages from the Extra Large Tag Set with paper from the 8x8 Etcetera pad and distressed the edges using Distress Crayons.  This will be the base for the project.  I glued the house to the tag and finished embellishing it.  
Moss and flowers cover the roof.  
Flowers climb up the side of the house.  
My little paper doll was colored with Distress Oxide ink in Bundled Sage and given a bouquet of vintage flowers. 
The quote token finishes the piece. 
I hope you enjoy her as much as I do.  
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I just love your dreamy girl tucked into her tiny house! The brick turned out really awesome and the moss and flowers along the outside is such a great detail. What a perfect match for the quote token! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.