Monday, December 15, 2014

Cookie Day 2014



Every year my Mum and I bake holiday cookies for an entire day.  We get up early in the morning and combine our baking supplies-mixers, cookie sheets, flour, chocolate chips, etc.  Then we bake ALL day long.  This year we started at 8am and finished around 6:30pm.  We made 18 different cookies.  We make full batches on all of them.  It's labor intensive, but it is by far our favorite holiday tradition.
Here comes a picture heavy post!
Thin Mints

Cheesecake Cookies

Nutella swirl with chocolate chips

Oatmeal Butterscotchies

Peanut Butter Blossoms

Rolo Turtles

Nutella Pie Bites

Marry Me Cookies

Lemon Snowdrops

Nutella Peanut Butter Hay Stacks

Rice Krispie Treats

Condensed Milk with Caramel Chocolate Chips

Devils Food Rolo Cookies

Gingerbread with White Chocolate

White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal

Sugar 

M&M

Chocolate Walnut Fudge

Chex Mix

The fruits of our labors.

So much it wouldn't fit in one photo!
These trays went to my sister (she had to work), my work, and my mum's work.  Of course some stayed home too!
Do you have a favorite holiday tradition? 
Jess

6 comments:

  1. Good grief, I gained 10 lbs just looking at the photographs Jess!! It looks like you had a ton of fun with your Mom, that's fantastic! What an amazing tradition! I think my favourite tradition is Christmas morning breakfast. Everybody gets up early in their Christmas pajamas and chips in to cook a massive breakfast, and the house is so alive with the sound of chit chat and giggling, oh how I love it! Have a wonderful week, until next time! holiday hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We eat breakfast on the fly on Christmas. I think we get too distracted by the present frenzy. :) I love reading about everyone's traditions.
      Have a wonderful holiday!
      Jess

      Delete
  2. Seriously...Really...ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I cannot believe this many cookies were made. Today...I start my baking. But not this much. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your Christmas cookies and candies look fabulous! The walnut fudge - Oh, My Goodness - my favorite candy at Christmas! Looks like you're a fan of Rollos and have lots of ways to use them in cookies. I'll bet those taste yummy! My mom and I always baked together during the holidays. As she got older we had to spread the baking out over several days, but at first we used to bake together on one day, just like you and your mom. My mom passed away in March 2014, so today will be my first day to bake without her...I want to carry on the tradition...so Christmas music and lovely warm smells will fill my house this afternoon. Thanks for sharing a lovely post! I'm your newest follower thru Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're keeping the tradition alive, Robinann. I am sure your mom was looking down on you baking.
      Thanks for the follow! Merry Christmas,
      Jess

      Delete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.