Saturday, June 23, 2018

Delivery by Air Mail

Hi Everyone,
I have a quick project to show you today. I wasn't planning to blog this, it was really just me playing with my new 3d impresslets.  
I used a foil tape to run the impresslet through the vagabond.  I painted it white and used some mushroom alcohol ink  to age it.  I wanted it to look like old ceiling tin.  I scuffed it up a bit using a sanding block to expose the silver tape. 
I can't wait to play with these impresslets more. 





Enjoy!
Jess



Monday, June 18, 2018

Shine your Light


Hi Everyone,
I am up on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Blog today.
I don't have a lot of steps out for this one because I was feeling a bit under the weather when I crafted and forgot to take photos.  I will still walk you through all the steps. 
Cut a piece of paper large enough to cover your Large Chipboard Tag.  Using a piece of sticky fabric tape run it down the edge of you paper and stitch it on using your sewing machine.  Glue the paper to the tag.  Once your adhesive is dry cover the entire tag with clear embossing powder.  While the embossing powder is still hot using foil to add tiny bits of gold. 
Paint your Wood Medallion using Mowed Lawn and Black soot Distress Paints.  Add gold accents using a gel pen.  Glue to the top of your tag.  
Paint your Scribble Leaves Frame using Mowed Lawn Distress Paint and buff with a bit of Dina Wakley Paint in Gilt.  
Using foam tape pop up your focal image and adhere her to the center of the tag.  Attach your scribble frame using a strong adhesive. 

Glue down your sentiment and scribble around the edges using a Fude Ball Pen.  Add Distress Crayon in Black Soot to the edges of the tag. Add flowers to the woman's hair and to the tag.  
Enjoy!
Jess

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Swim Away with Me

I am a sucker for mermaids and I make them every chance I get.  When I found out this month's challenge over at Blank Page Muse was "Let's Go to the Beach," I knew I was making a mermaid.  
To start I used my mermaid template. 
Copied it onto blank white cardstock so I could stamp out the details.  
I used the fronds from the Tropical Dreams set to stamp the tail.  I inked it using various shades of Green Distress Ink and over stamped so I wouldn't have too many edges.   
Then using the Sequin Waste stamp I embossed the tail using a shimmery gold to look like scales. 
Her tail needed a bit more dimension so I used shades of blue and purple distress just to add hints of color in her tail.  

For the body I used the script stamp from the Correspondence set. I colored her body using Old Paper DIstress Ink.  It has a slight greenish hue that I thought was good for a mermaid body.  
To make the belt and her bra I used the flowers from the Flamingo Row Set.  I stamped them and then fussy cut them.  They are doubled up to add depth. 
I added stickles and some jewels colored with alcohol ink to the centers.  
The final touch is her pineapple hat.  This was embossed with the same gold I used on her tail.  

I hope I've inspired you to swim over to the blog and enter the challenge yourself!
Don't forget you can join by adding your project to the Facebook Fan Group and by tagging us in your Instagram posts too!
Jess


Monday, June 4, 2018

Evolve


Hi Everyone,
I am up on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Blog today with a masculine project for you. 





 I have been on a kick lately doing more masculine and grungy projects.  This one evolved into one too.   
I used an Extra Large tag and scored the bottom to create the shelf.  I used a piece of mixed media tape to hold the bend since I knew I would be adding some weight to it. 
I used a piece of paper from Tim Holtz that had a blueprint type feel to it and added some stamped elements using the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Inventor Goggles and the Noble Gent sets.
I wanted there to be more wings on it, so I found most of my wings stamps from Blank Page Muse and added them all over.  I liked the man wearing goggles too, just in case my guy is worried about something getting in his eye.  
I used the Butterfly of Gears and cut it in half.  This side I embossed using a metallic gold.  I added different colors by dripping on alcohol inks. 
I added some metal gears and brads.  I used the chipboard gear from the Miniature Guy Things Set too.  
The other side was embossed and backed with paper to make it look like a monarch wing.  
I added a jar of gears for him to stand on and the rest came down to details.  
There are more wings with blueprint details over them.  Tiny blueprints are rolled up.  There are some failed experiments down there too.  
The letters were painted using Blueprint Sketch Distress Paint and then rolled in Mushroom and Jet Black Alcohol Ink.
The letters add the finishing touch.  
Enjoy!





Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Blank Page Muse and the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.