Wednesday, July 8, 2015

CC3 Challenge 32- Hello Possibility

I love plugging my way through the Compendium of Curiosities book with Linda Ledbetter and her curiosity crew.  This go around Linda had us try the Frosted Film technique.  I have never tried Frosted Film before.  I have had it sitting in my Tim treasure box for quite some time now.  I have to tell you my first try was a dud, but then I came up with this little beauty.  

I can't tell you the Frosted Film technique(that's part of the challenge), but I can tell you I will definitely be using this technique again.  Look at the dimension on the wings!
The background is made with several shades of green distress ink: Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, and Crushed Olive.  I added Fossilized Amber and Vintage Photo on the edges to warm it up.  Then I flicked a bit of water to break the color up.  A few spritzes of Vintage Photo marker added the speckles.  I used the trellis die to cut paper from the Wallflower collection.  The inside bits are from The Robin's Nest.   I love the tiny tattered flower in the corner too.  That is a must own die set.  The crinkle ribbon is dyed using Fossilized Amber and a bit of Tea Dye.  

Here are a couple closeups of her wings.



I love that they are see through.  In case you haven't noticed I have a thing for wings! 
The Funkie Junkie  is the sponsor for the CC3 Challenge this go round.  I am also submitting this to the Frilly and Funkie Say Something Challenge(that's the Funkie Junkie's challenge blog).  

I hope you enjoyed stopping by today!
What have you been crafting?
Jess



23 comments:

  1. The stature of her wings is FABULOUS!!! She's awesome and so FUN!!! Gorgeous tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC3C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Possibility! I love this. Those wings are awesome, as is the entire tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag. This little girl with her enormous wings looks like she is ready to face a world filled with possibilities. Love the sunny colors, your frosted film wings and the use of frameworks for your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Jess, this is fabulous! I LOVE love the oversize wings. Its so suggestive of your message. I love subtle repeated messaging like that. Your art is always a joy to view, so glad you've shared this on CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl :) Thank you for the super kind words. All of the Curiosity Crew is amazing.

      Delete
  5. this is just awesomely gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jess! Oh my goodness! I totally LOVE your tattered wings made out of the frosted film! Those are amazing! Your entire tag is awesome and the perfect backdrop for that amazing little winged girl. She looks like she is saying "hello possibility!" Apparently they are endless! Thanks so much for sharing your tag with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag Jess ! Love the wings and the little girl looks so cute ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an AWESOME way to use the Frosted Film Jess! LOVE those wings! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous tag Jess! Wonderful colours and I love how you layered up the wings to make them 3D! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Something to Say' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! Love how you've decked out that little gal. Thanks for joining in at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh she's so special Jess.... what a WONDERFUL creation. j.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is over-the-top AMAZING, Jess!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations ... so adorable; those wings are amazing ... sand the colors... love it !

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.