Friday, August 18, 2017

Butterfly Dreams

This month our theme at Emerald Creek is Anything Goes.
Do you ever get an idea and just run with it? I was playing with the Butterfly Stamp and it happened to fall on her head.  I just kind of ran with it.   
I used a ton of embossing powders to make all of the butterflies.  Here's the rundown of colors: 
I colored the butterflies using Distress Markers, Distress Crayons, and Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks.  
I used one of Tim Holtz's Etc Tags.  These are a super thick board and come in three sizes.  This is the smallest tag.  I started with a thin layer of gesso that I smeared on with my fingers.  I added some paper using my Distress Collage Medium. 
I covered the board with Dina Wakley Media Paints and Distress Paints. 
Once the paint was dry I stamped my Kimilese 3 Stamp in Jet Black Archival ink. I added another couple pieces of paper on top since my original layer was pretty well covered.  I also splattered paint all over the tag. 
Once this was done I just piled on the embellishments.  I placed my girl on first and then decorated around her.  I love her necklace made out of Amethyst Gemstones and a teeny Tim Holtz butterfly. 
I love the little butterflies I made out of Shrink Plastic.  



Don't forget to pop over to the Emerald Creek Blog for your chance to enter this month's dare and win $50 to the store.  
Jess








1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I love how my eye is drawn to the flurry of butterflies. Fantastic color magic and mix of bold and subdued. You are a star, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.