Monday, November 20, 2017

Christmas Wishes



Hi Everyone,
I'm up on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog with a Christmas piece that could be a wallhanging or an ornament.  
I started with a canvas tag and added Distress Inks in pretty much every shade of green.  
Once the ink was dry I added the stars using one of the new Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Holiday stencils and Festive Berries Distress Ink. 

The house is the Mini House Shadowbox 1 from Gypsy Soul.  I love these teeny houses and they come in four different sizes.  I covered the house inside and out with paper from the new Tim Holtz Christmas pad and then embossed the front edges using Emerald Creek Hammered Metal. 


A tiny bottle brush tree and deer were popped in there. The mirrored star and deer are covered with Mushroom alcohol ink.  Mica snow was added to the roof and the bottom of the house.  A vintage bingo marker gives that extra Christmas magic.  
I covered the Large Swirl Medallion from Gypsy Soul with Emerald Creek embossing powder in Charred Gold and then glued the house in the center.  The medallion was then glued to the canvas tag.  Look at how fine the cuts are on this thing! I love this medallion.  

A Tim Holtz rub on was added to the top and the piece is done! 
A few glamour shots for you. 


I hope you enjoy!


28 comments:

  1. Thanks for the walk through tutorial and photographs, this piece is really eye catching in its subtle beauty ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. That medallion is gorgeous, such fine details! I love this creative piece Jess! I would never think to use rub-ons on fabric such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I wasn't sure if the rub-ons would work, but here's to learning and trying new things!

      Delete
  3. Jess, I love this little ornament. All the textures and layers make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beautiful canvas tag and the small shadow box has great details. Thank you for joining us over at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mix of colours have really enhanced and aged that canvas base and I love how it works so perfectly with the embossed elements. This would look adorable hanging from your Christmas tree Jess! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic piece Jess and I loved to watch your steps!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece with us at TioT this time

    Lula xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's so nice to hear that people appreciate the time it takes when you do step outs.

      Delete
  7. What a fabulous tag! Brilliant attention to detail- loved the snow on the roof!Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful - great! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning tag! Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful take on our theme- very colourful and one of a kind! Thanks bunches for sharing with us at TioT this time.
    Lula oxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. All that embossing and that gorgeous fabric tag background combines into a splendid project, with so many gorgeous details! I absolutely adore this. We're so thankful you shared in our Timeworn challenge at Frilly & Funkie. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this at TioT and had to come take a closer look. It's gorgeous! Thank you for all the steps.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.