Thursday, January 9, 2014

12 tags of 2014

Woo hoo! It's time to start the new year in Tim Holtz tag making.  I didn't get to the December tag, but I am thinking I might go back and fill in the blanks.
Until then here is my tag for January 2014.
I was so excited to work on the tag that I forgot to take pictures during the process.  Whoops.  I used Pumice Stone Distress Ink for the background.  I smushed some on the craft sheet, misted it with water, and ran the tag through the ink a few times.  I then used the Clockwork Layering Stencil working it again with the Pumice Stone Distress Ink.  Next I added the rub on numbers and sanded them down.  
The bird cage was coated with black crackle paint to age it.  Once it was dry I ripped the bars apart and added the screw brad to the top.  The bird was embossed and coated with black distress paint.  He was given a light sanding too. 
The chit chat text was added to the top and I used half of a Tim Holtz stamp for the quote on the bottom.  
Some more rub ons on the metal tag and a mix of slate and caramel alcohol ink to give it an aged finish.  The tag was attached to the ribbon with a tiny safety pin.  
That's it! Pretty and simple.  
I love using birds in my work.  Breaking out of the cage is a good way to start the new year.  Free your soul and see what you can do.  
Jess




2 comments:

  1. Wow Jess. Love your tag. What a really cool bird too. Karen.x wintonrosepapercreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! I stopped by your blog today, great creations :)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.