Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Altered Gumball Machine

I love making these gumball machines.  I have a pretty decent collection of them.  My husband might say I have a slight problem.  There are over a dozen in the kitchen waiting patiently for me to alter them.  They do make a mighty fine collection in the mean time.  :)

Can you see the two teeny tiny fairies in there? That is fussy cutting at it's best.  The little house is from Melissa Frances.  I covered it in MME paper and glitter glassed the roof.  The little flower on the front is from Pink Paislee.
The hearts in the yard are pins that I stuck in and then cut the extra pin part off.  The bottle brush tree was dyed pink and dressed up with some pearls.  
The whole house is trimmed with vintage ric rac.  The roof and backyard got some vintage paper flowers.  
The coin slot has been covered up with a pretty disc from Melody Ross. 
The bottom is trimmed in fancy white lace and the gumball slot is covered with felt roses and leaves.  
Here it is again.  I love how it turned out.  
I am entering this one into the current Try it on Tuesday blog challenge.
What have you been crafting?
Jess







6 comments:

  1. A wonderful project, love it thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge, hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous altering, great details , thank you for joining us again at TioTs.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous alteration, love all the little details.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Gumball mixed media project is just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful creative idea. Lover it. Thanks for joining us at TIOT and have a great week. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all of the lovely comments Try it on Tuesday ladies. I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.