Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Immortal Beloved Cameo

Over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog they have a cameo challenge.  I started to do a sweet cameo project.  I was thinking one the cameos I had looked Roman, so maybe I would do an Italian themed project.  Then I found a not so sweet cameo and totally changed direction.  Here is what my final project looks like.
I love, love, love it.  Everytime I touched it it got grungier.  Here's how I did it.  

I smudged a bit of each Distress Stain on my craft sheet.  I sprinkled on some Perfect Pearls and then misted the whole lot with some water.  I ran the tag through once and dried it.  Then ran it through a couple more times, drying between layers.   I used one of my favorite background stamps from Stampers Anonymous.
I crumpled the tag and ran Black Soot Distress Ink on the edges.  I ran a bit over the top to highlight the wrinkles too.  
The frame was a minty green, so I painted it with Ten Second Studio patina paint.  If you haven't used their patina paint it is fantastic. You can patina wood, glass, plastic, metal.  It rocks.  
Since the cameo is a skeleton I wanted to pick a creepy sentiment.  My immortal beloved is perfect.  
The ribbon is old sari silk that I colored using the same distress stains that I used on the tag.  
I hope you like my dark cameo as much as I do.  I think she is lovely.  
I am going to enter this tag into the Take a Word Anything Vintage Challenge.
What have you been crafting? 
Jess

6 comments:

  1. I love your take on our challenge and I love your not so sweet cameo...it's wonderful!! Thank you for sharing and joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! I really like how it is different from all the other entries.

      Delete
  2. This tag is so stunning! I am totally in awe of your amazing techniques-- the aged look of the background and that weathered ribbon are to die for (no pun intended on your immoral theme)! The font is brilliant, too, and the skeleton cameo is perfect! In fact, I stared at your amazing piece for so long that my husband thought I'd gone into some sort of coma! Kudos to a truly remarkable piece of art. I'm so grateful that you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments. I am truly humbled. This is by far the best comment I have received on my blog thus far! I am so pleased others love what I create.
      Jess

      Delete
  3. What a great tag. I love that cameo and what you did with it

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.