I decided to make a little spattered dress for the challenge. It's funny, I love to splatter almost every project I make but when I saw this challenge I froze. Since I always splatter did I just make my typical project? I decided to splatter all the things instead.
I started with a chipboard dress and smeared on gesso using my fingers.
I added Distress Crayons and rubbed them around. I wet my finger a bit to move the color.
My first splatters! I spritzed water on to make it some of the crayon lift.
Paint splatters make the second layer of messy goodness. I mainly used Dina Wakley paints. They are nice and heavy.
Now time for embossing powder splatter. I sprinkled on Charred Gold Embossing Powder and heated the powder from the bottom so it wouldn't blow all over the place.
I used a bit of Hammered Metal Embossing Powder on the bottom of the dress and on the sleeves.
I decided the sleeves didn't pop enough, so I added white paint to the sleeves, the neck, and around the edge of the dress. I used my fude ball pen to add the black dots. I scribbled all around the dress using a silver gel pen. I also used a large background stamp for some extra interest.
I splattered my Button Brad with the same paint I used on the dress. I thought it looked too flat.
I ended up painting the buttons yellow and covering them with Clear Embossing Powder.
It's messy and imperfect-just like me!