Since my crafting mojo seems to be on a hiatus right now I thought I would revist some Fairy Cages I made when I was on the Unruly Paperarts design team. The theme was "Winging It" and those of you that follow me here and on other social media know I am a sucker for a good fairy.
I bought these tiny bird cages on clearance and stashed them knowing that I would find a use for them. I use images from Lisa's Altered Art all the time. She has fantastic ballerinas, women, children, and wing images. When I was playing around one day I discovered some of the girls would fit right in the cages. I added wings to them to make them into fairies. They got all gussied up with tulle skirts, feathers, and bits of bling.
I added a ton of flowers to the bottoms of the cages. Some of the flowers I made and some I purchased. I didn't want the cages to close, so the flowers spill out and wrap around the bases.
The base on this one is a giant wooden spool that is wrapped with twine.
The base on this one is a plaster pillar of some sort (again from the craft hoard). I added a little birdy to the outside of the cage and it's done!
Here's hoping my mojo comes back soon!