Thursday, March 15, 2018

Spring in Paris

Hi Everyone,
I am so honored to be a Guest Designer for the Frilly and Funkie blog today. 


The current theme is "Knock on Wood."  I was asked to incorporate some type of wood into my art.  I decided to start with a medium size Etcetera tag from Tim Holtz.
I covered the tag in a piece of paper from the Tim Holtz Wallflower paper pack, using Distress Collage Medium to adhere it to the tag.  
I flicked on Distress Paint in Black Soot, Tarnished Brass, and Picket Fence.
My next step was to tint this image I had of the Eiffel Tower.  I used Distress Markers in Broken China and Mowed Lawn to give it a hand tinted look.    
My first wood element is this mini framed panel from Tim Holtz.  This is one of the small frames that comes in the two pack. 

I painted the frame using Picket Fence Distress Paint and then spritzed it with Walnut Stain Distress Spray Stain.  I used a very tiny paint brush to add Tarnished Brass Paint to the edges.  I rubbed Distress Crayon in Walnut Stain on the frame to darken it up just a bit.  
My second wood element is a Tim Holtz Vignette box.  I whitewashed the box using Picket Fence and then used industrious stickers on the front.  I used alcohol ink in gold and mushroom to color the 
stickers. 
 The outside edge has a wrap of decorative tape from the Tim Holtz Rose pack. 
I filled the box with flowers and Tim Holtz beaded berries that were colored using gold alcohol ink. 
My third wooden element is a Tim Holtz ruler.  I sprayed the ruler with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain Spray Inks.  
Here's another yummy shot of the flowers.

I added Tim Holtz Typography letters that were colored using Distress Paint in Tarnished Brass.  Once the paint was dry I added alcohol ink in Mushroom and Distress Crayon in Black Soot to give them some patina.  

The Tim Holtz paper dolls  were given a pop of color with Distress Markers. 
I added them to the edge of the frame and gave them some flowers.  
For finishing touches I added Prima flowers and leaves.  They were given a spritz of Distress Spray Stain in Walnut Stain. A large strip of vintage Dresden was added to the side too.  

The top corner and bottom corner got a little stencil treatment.  I used a Crafters Workshop stencil and Ranger Texture paste for some dimension.  The color was added using Distress Crayons in Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, and Black Soot.  

Sari ribbon and a Tim Holtz loop pin add interest to this corner.  
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and are inspired to enter the challenge.  

Jess






4 comments:

  1. I'm a talker but there are no words for this! All I can say is that if someone made this for me I would be thrilled. Thank you for posting this, it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whole design of this Jess - the box of roses screams Spring and the romantic theme with the Eiffel Tower work beautifully on the patterned background. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie as a Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh my! THIS IS EPIC! Love the ladies hanging on the edge and that beautiful gold dresden! NICE JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Jess! Over at F&F I left a comment about a tag- I now see it is a wooden piece-duh!

    This is way cool- Beautiful!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.