Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Altered Fairy Notebook

If you haven't noticed I love the images from Lisa's Altered Art.  Her images are so fun.  She has a great sense of humor.  
This little girl started out sitting on a pumpkin and wearing a witch hat.  
I fussy cut her out, added the wings, and hat.  I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with her, but I had a plain little notebook I decided to cover.
There are a couple coats of gesso on here to cover the image that was already on the notebook.  Once the gesso was dry I painted it with Distress Paints in Broken China, Weathered Wood, and Bundled Sage.  Once all the paint was dry I used my Lattice work and Hearts Stencils with Pickled Raspberry Distress Ink to add a light pattern.  
 




Inside I lined pages with washi tape and randomly stamped fun sayings.  I also used some Hazel and Ruby washi tape.  This stuff is great.  It's a super easy way to add text to your work.






This is inside the back cover :) 




I had a mop up tag with some Dylusions and some Distress Inks on it.  I added Distress Ink in Shaded Lilac and Pumice Stone to fill in blank spots.  The industrious frame highlights the little fairy perfectly.  The corrugate was ripped up using my Tonic Paper Distresser.  I added gesso around the edges and smudged whatever was left on my fingers on the front.  A little chit chat finishes the cover.  

What have you been crafting?
Jess






2 comments:

  1. Love this! Who can resist fairies and journals?

    Barb N (IG: @hippydippymama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book Jess. The background color combos are especially divine.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.