Monday, April 17, 2017

Secret Garden Door Hanger

Hey Everyone,
 I am back with another Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts project today. 
Can you spy the tiny fairies hiding in the secret garden? I had this Door Hanger staring at me and I knew I needed to make something.  I thought I would make something in my traditional snarky fashion.  When I started rooting around for supplies I was pulled toward flowers.  Maybe I wanted to use them because I  know these ones won't give me allergies! 


I covered my wildflower chipboard with Vintage Ivy Embossing Powder.  The flowers were given a quick coat of Green Pearl Embossing powder.  I added it right on top of the Vintage Ivy. The rest of the color was added by using Distress Markers and Distress Oxides.  I also used a piece from the Birdwatching set and gave it the same color treatment. 
The entire door hanger is covered with a piece of Wildflower paper from Tim Holtz.  I inked the edges with Vintage Photo. I hot glued a big hunk of moss to the bottom.   
I chose two of the Small fairies and them painted with Mowed Lawn Distress Paint Metallic Distress Paints
I wanted the fairies to be a little surprise that you don't see right away when you look at the piece so I covered them with Fractured Ice Embossing Powder.  
Don't they look kind of mossy now?
I added flowers to the moss and plunked one of the fairies right in there.  
The other one is hanging out up top blowing wishes to the flowers.  


I hope you enjoy! 

3 comments:

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.