Monday, August 12, 2019

One can be both weird and fabulous

Hi Everyone,
I know it's been quiet on the blog, but I do post a bit more on Instagram if you want to follow me over there.

 I have been really into creating oversized cards lately.  This one measures just over 5x7.  I started with a piece of precut mixed media heavy stock and used Distress Oxide Sprays in Peeled Paint, Abandoned Coral, and Peacock Feathers.
I misted the paper first to get the blend.  Once that was dry I added a bit of Frayed Burlap ink to the edges.  The Oxide colors mixed and made a bit of brown,  so the touch of Burlap really tied it together.  I used a bit of embossing powder and a stencil from the Studio Light Grunge Collection to add the yellow numbers in the background.

 It's pretty cool that they blend in even though I didn't use any yellow for the original background colors.  I went back in with the stencil and using Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy added more of the numbers.  I finished the background with a touch of DecoArt Metallic Lustre Paste in Brilliant Turquoise on the every edge of the paper.


The focal image is from the Steampunkesque set from IndigoBlu.  I stamped the lady using Black Soot Archival Ink and then colored her using Distress Inks and my waterbrush.  I added glossy accents to the glasses and light bulb.  Once everything was dry I fussy cut her and added a halo behind her using a 3d impresslit.

I had to position her on the paper to see how I wanted to add my sentiment and just decided to stamp it right on the background using Black Soot Archival ink.  The ink goes right over the embossing powder.  I used my stamp platform to be sure I got a good dark image.  The sentiment stamp is also from the Steampunkesque set.

To complete the card I used used plain brown card stock and a couple sheets of Distress cardstock.  A bit of scribbling with my gel pen in random spots made it feel finished.


I hope you enjoyed my card.

Happy crafting,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.