Monday, March 20, 2017

Mermaid Dreams Canvas

Hi Everyone ,
I think you all know by now that I am a sucker for mermaids. I decided to break out my chipboard mermaid stash to create a mixed media canvas.



 I started with a 5x7 canvas board( I added a skimpy layer of gesso to the board) and several paint colors.  I used my fingers to smear on the paint.

 Once the paint dried I added Glimmermists in several colors.  I sprayed them really close to the board and let them run down.  I dried them with my heat tool.  I added a bit of tissue wrap just for interest on the background.  I adhered it using a gel medium.

Next, I grabbed my Mixed Media Fragments and used the circle piece.  I painted and sprayed it until I got a good green color.  I added a bit of tan using a sponge just to break up the greens.  Using a stencil I pounced my embossing ink through the stencil and then added Burnt Copper Leaves embossing powder.  I reheated some areas of the embossing powder and added gold foil.  I glued the fragment to the board.


I chose one of the larger Mermaid images and embossed her using Onyx Frost.  To make her tail shimmery colors I used Perfect Pearls.
The Crown was finger painted using the Distress Paint and then embossed with Fractured Ice. I used sticky backed pearls for the jewels.  You will see on the final photos that I changed some of the jewels and I used real stones instead.  

Once I glued all of the bits on the board I added in some rubs ons and scribbled some gel pen. 


Here is a photo when I finished it and sitting on my desk.  

Here are a couple beauty shots outside.  


I hope you enjoy!
I'm also entering this into the Simon says stamp Monday challenge.http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=8405 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, she is lovely! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, this is amazing! The cuts are out of this world and your embossing and layering are perfect. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation is gorgeous! Love the beautiful background colors and the image is so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I know I'm late, but that's how I visit blogs--not very organized about it. Love this and how you finished the mermaid is simply breath taking! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.