Saturday, May 17, 2014

Playing with Wendy Vecchi's crackle paste

I discovered we have a teeny tiny stamp store very close to my house.  They carry some stuff I can't find at the typical big box craft store.  One of the best things I have found there is Wendy Vecchi's crackled texture paste.
I have used Tim Holtz's crackle paint, but Wendy's paste is, well paste.  It's thick and awesome for using with stencils.
My first project was actually just a mop up tag from other projects.  Since I hadn't used the paste I thought it would be good to try it on here.
I started by just smearing a thin layer of the paste all over the card and then drying it with my heat gun once I saw cracks start to form when air drying.  Once the paste was dry I used Evergreen Bough and Gathered Twigs Distress stain to color the paste.  
I randomly added tissue wrap with gel medium.  
The saying is Cosmo Cricket tiny type.  The frame is Tim Holtz's Industrious line.  
Look how tiny that waist is.   The girl needs a cookie.  This image is from Lisa's Altered Art.  I put a book page behind it to add some demension.  The tag is finished off with some crinkle ribbon colored with Evergreen Bough, Gathered Twigs, and Spun Sugar.  
I have another project to share using Wendy's paste.  Be sure to stop back.

Frilly and Funky is having a words challenge this beauty will be in the running.

What have you been crafting?
Jess




5 comments:

  1. To say this is your first play with this crackle paste it's a superb piece Jess! Love the tissue wrap and framed words. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time. I promise! This stuff is great.
      Jess

      Delete
  2. Beautiful vintage colours, lovely tag, not sure about the headdress though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, come on Ruth. You'd rock that headdress!
      Jess

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous...I love the colour and vintage image!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.