Friday, May 30, 2014

Watercolor Distress Marker Card

I am not a painter.  I never have been.  I love how Distress Markers make it look like you have been watercoloring for years.  I started making this card simply by playing with the little kid set of watercolors I have had forever.  I used shades of blue and purple.  I just kept layering them to deepen the color.  I dried it between layers and then blotted here and there.  
I stamped my background image and then set it aside.  I stamped the main image using Archival ink on watercolor paper.  I used my Distress Markers and the watercolors to paint.  I used my waterbrush to do all the detail.  
I used plain white cardstock and my latticework stencil to make the body of the card.  Broken China and Black Soot Distress markers in the spritzer made a light background.  

I added a flower from my stash when I was on my Tattered Floral kick.  
You'd never know I wasn't a painter ;)
What have you been crafting?
Jess





4 comments:

  1. You're right, I'd never know you weren't a painter! Great job, lovely card :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that background you created. Beautiful watercolor and a great image. Personally, I love Rubbermoon. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. It was fun visiting your blog. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't Rubber Moon stamps great?!
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.