Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wendy Vecchi remnant rub challenge

Wendy Vecchi was prepping for a class and had 300 backers from Tim Holtz's remnant rubs.  The backing is a good light weight card stock and has a great design on it.  You can read about how Wendy repurposed her backing here.
If you've been reading my bog I have been using Wendy's crackle paste a bit and used some of these backers to emboss(folder, not heat) and then crackle.  It comes out great.  The finish is really grungy and old.
I decided to try using the backers a different way.  I stamped and embossed(heat) my image on the backer.  Once the image was cool I used alcohol ink to color the dress.  I just used a bit so the background would still show through a bit.  Sorry about the glare here.


I colored a flower and some twine to match the dress.
The tag was done using various stenciling techniques with paint and distress inks.  A bit of tissue wrap added another layer of interest.

I stamped my sentiment using black archival ink.
I used some seam binding my sweet friend Jamie from Beantown Baby Crafts sent me.  Check out her stuff on Etsy and Facebook.  I used some Gathered Twigs distress stain to dirty it up a bit.
So much better with natural lighting.  Isn't it gorgeous?!
I'm off to make some more.  What have you done with these backers?
Jess


1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous Jess. I love the colour you've used on the dress and the way you've created the background tag. More rub-ons required for both of us!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.