Friday, February 15, 2019

Not qualified

Hi Everyone,
I haven't really taken much time to make projects just for me lately.  I took a day and decided to do just that.  While at Creativation I took a class with ScrapCosy that was hosted by PaperArtsy.  We got to play with Infusions.  They are similar to Magenta's Nuance Powders or Brushos, but they have walnut crystals in them so they make really cool effects.  When I got home I pulled out my Nuance Powders and the couple Infusions I got during class to play(I have since ordered more).  I wound up making a trio of tags using this paper doll.  
For this first tag I put white paint on my craft sheet and added some powder to the paint.  Just a teny shake of the bottle.  Then I spritzed with water and watched the color bloom.  I plopped my tag into the paint and lifted.  I repeated until my tag was covered.  Once it was dry I used a Tim Holtz Stencil to add some hearts to the background using Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  I added a shadow by using a Wendy Vecchi mini detailing tool and Black Soot Distress Ink.  A white gel pen added an extra pop to some of the hearts.  
I used the new Tim Holtz Mini Media Marks(CMS364) to add some detail around the edge of the tag.  To stamp them I used a new Tsukineko StazOn Pigment Pad.  I am in love with the super bold colors.  The circle behind the doll is from the Dina Wakley Weird is Good Stamp set.  I glued him down and added a party hat.  The final touch was the snarky sentiment.  
The second tag was made in the same basic manner for the background.  I did add more nuance powders to my glass mat and just spritz with water to get the black/gray splatters.  I used the same stamp set from Tim Holtz and the tsukineko ink.  
This dude has seen some things.  He was actually just hanging out on my desk and was a victim of over splatter from several previous projects.  I colored his jacket using the tsukineko ink and a qtip.  It left him with a super bold jacket and it would not rub off at all.  I cut a slit in the doll and added a teeny pocket square made from vintage seam binding.  using the Tim Holtz tiny attacher I added a bit more of the seam binding to the top of the tag.  
I love the snarky sentiment this guy got.  I think it works perfectly for this paint splattered gentleman.
The final gentleman has found himself in a fine mess.  This tag used leftover mess from the Nuance and Infusions.  I just ran my tag through and left it to dry.  I added color using Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Hickory Smoke, and Black Soot.  I used a new stamp set from Seth Apter and Paper Artsy for the circles.   The cross hatching and arrows are the Tim Holtz set mentioned above.  
I used the Tim Holtz Craft Thread to add detail by just hand stitching randomly on the tag.  I colored his shirt using Cracked Pistachio Oxide ink.  It kind of looks like he's sporting a turtleneck.  You can see the detail I added with gel pens here too.  Each tag has scribbles of white, black, gold, and silver.

I hope you like my crazy mess dudes.  Have you ever played with the Infusions? Do you have an favorite techniques?   

Jess


2 comments:

  1. The quotes had me rolling! LOVE the dudes on these fabulous backgrounds...I might need me some of those infusions...intrigued. Super fun and love your trio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jess! your tags are stunning! I adore every single detail of them! Love so much to read your creative process! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.