I don't want to admit it, but I have a rather big birthday coming up. I thought maybe having a crown would ease the pain a bit. I'm not a frilly girl. I'm a grungy girl and my crown needs to fit me.
I started by covering my crown with tons of vintage paper. I used old dictionary pages, sheet music, catalog pages, shorthand practice sheets, and more. I used Distress Collage medium to adhere it to the crown and once it was dry I cut it down.
I then added lots of Distress Stain in Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, and Walnut Stain. I added Distress Inks and Oxides in the same colors, Once the base colors were down I went back with Distress crayons to highlight edges. I used Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge, Hickory Smoke, and Black Soot.
To make the fancy front piece I used Baked Texture embossing powders. I used Rocky Road for the base and then added Vintage Patina, Dirty Sand and Chunky Rust. I glued on the front piece and let it sit overnight.
I had this cool old door plate that I adhered to the crown using brads.
I added an old bingo number to the center of the door plate.
I added metal flowers, with a bingo marker I colored using Distress Oxide in Peacock Feathers and Vintage Patina Baked Texture powder, to each side of the crown.
The inside of the crown is lined with graph paper. You can see here I attached the band using my tiny attacher.
This is the back of the band.
This is obviously not my head, but you get the idea.
This was really simple to make and you could really use this crown in so many ways. I hope you enjoyed my grungy take!
I am entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge- Trio( I used a trio of Tim Holtz on here using his inks, stains, and crayons)